UPSC Civil Services Exam 2018: Important Notification The Civil Services Examination shortly known as CSE is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It is a nationwide competitive examination to recruit various Civil Services of the Government of India. It includes Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), and various other services in India. The exam is conducted in 2 phases – preliminary exam and mains exam which is followed by a personal interview. It is one of the toughest competitive exams in India with more than 11 lakh aspirants applying every year.
The examination date for Civil Service Exam 2018 for the preliminary phase is released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). According to the official website of UPSC, the examination is scheduled to be held on 3rd June 2018. The application form of the same will be released on 7th February 2018.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2018: Important Dates
The important dates for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2018 are given in the table below.
|Events of CSE Exam 2018||Preliminary Exam Date||Mains Exam Date|
|Release date of official notification||7th February 2018||–|
|Submission of Application Form (last date)||6th March 2018||–|
|Release of Admit Card||May 2018||November 2018|
|Date of examination||3rd June 2018||1st October 2018|
|Declaration of result||August/September 2018||January/February 2019|
The total number of vacancies to be filled on the result of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2017 is expected to be approximately 980. This includes 27 vacancies which are reserved for physically handicapped candidates.
Exam Pattern for Civil Services Exam 2018
The exam is conducted in 2 stages namely Prelims and Mains exam. Prelims or preliminary exam is the qualifying examination for mains exam. The exam pattern of prelims and mains is mentioned below.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- It is an offline mode examination.
- The exam consists of 3 papers and 2 compulsory papers with each paper consisting 200 marks.
- 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Mains Exam pattern
- Mains exam is a descriptive type test.
- It consists of 9 different papers where paper I and paper II are compulsory for all.
- The remaining subjects will be optional for candidates.
Civil Services Exam 2018: Important Highlights
- The Application Form for Civil Services Examination 2018 will be available from 07.02.2018.
- The prelims examination will be conducted on 03.06.2018.
- The mains examination will be conducted on 01.10.2018.
Candidates preparing for UPSC and CSAT exam can subscribe to Byju’s YouTube Channel to watch interactive and engaging videos on various Civil Services Exam topics.