SINGLE GIRL CHILD SCHOLARSHIP, New Form of CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child of Class X passed in 2017-2018, Registration & Renewal of CBSE “Single Girl Child” Scholarship 2015/ 2016.
Central Board of Secondary Education is inviting online form/ application for the “SINGLE GIRL CHILD SCHOLARSHIP” of class 10th Board passed. The selection method is purely based on the cut-off/ Merit list on the basis of percentage & marks obtained on Class X Board. The minimum eligibility is required is 60% / 6.2 CGPA passed in the CBSE Class X Examination, or more marks/ grades and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII. As per the Scholarship Scheme “Single Girl Child” is aimed to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students.
Table of Page Contents
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2017-2018
This is very good initiative by Government of India. The SINGLE GIRL CHILD SCHOLARSHIP 2018 helps the parents of girls financially and encouraging them for their daughter higher studied. The selected students in this scheme gets Rs 500/- per month as Scholarship amount directly in their bank account. Note: This scheme is not valid for two girl child or one girl or one boy child passed in the 10th Class or higher education. Before applying for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship. please read the minimum eligibility requirement.
Eligibility for Single Girl Child Scholarship
The scholarship shall be given on the basis of merit list as stated in Para 2 above, from the result of CBSE Class X Examination. The eligibility criteria shall be as under:
- The Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% or 6.2 CGPA or more marks / grades in CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose.
- In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee in such school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
NOTE: For NRI students studying in the CBSE Board are also eligible for the Scholarship . The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
- CBSE “Single Girl Child” Scholarship 2017 is only awarded to Indian Nationals only.
- The student who have passed CBSE Class X Examination in 2017 will be considered. If you have passed Class X in the year 2016 or 2015 or previous, then you are not eligible for this scheme.
- The student must continue her school studies in Class XI and XII in school i.e Class XI/ 12th Board in the year 2018, 2019.
- A Scholar under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy other concession(s) given by the school in which she is studying other organization
Selection Process/ Result
The selection process of CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2017 is basis on the Percentage & Merit only. There is no entrance examination or test. So you must check your Class X Board percentage or CGPA. The cut-off marks shall be available at the time of Result Declaration. There is no reservation for the OBC/ SC/ ST or PH candidates. So, the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2017-2018 is based on below points.
- Student (Girl) should be ONLY CHILD of their parents.
- Student should have passed Class X Examination from the CBSE and secured 60% or 6.2 CGPA or more.
- Studying in the Class XI & XII from CBSE affiliated Schools.
- Original Affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/ Executive Magistrate/Notary as per prescribed format available on the Board’s website. (Photocopy of Affidavit will not be accepted).
- Application form should be attested by the School Principal from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from Board’s Examination.
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII.
Duration of Scholarship
If you want to know the Duration of CBSE SINGLE GIRL CHILD Scholarship 2017 or its renewal period, please read the full information given below. For the renewal, you have to fill the registration form again. If you have already applied in the year 2016 for the Class X Passed Daughter, please fill the renewal form this year too. Details are given below.
- The Scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one year i.e. successful completion of class XI. Renewal shall also depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to next class.
- The renewal/ continuation of the scholarship, in cases where a scholar gives up the chosen course of study before its completion or if she changes the school or course of study shall be subject to prior approval of the Board. Good conduct and regularity in attendance are required for continuance of scholarship. The decision of the Board shall be final and binding in all such matters. A Scholarship once cancelled shall not be renewed under any circumstances.
Single Girl Child Scholarship Amount
The selected candidate (girl student) in the CBSE SINGLE GIRL CHILD SCHOLARSHIP 2017 get Rupees Five Hundred (Rs. 500/-) per month.
So yearly the student get Rs 500 x 12 (months)= Rs 6000/- yearly.
After renewal of 1 year the total amount in CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship is Rs 6000 (yearly) x 2 (years) = Rs 12,000/-
The Scholarship amount is directly deposited in the student bank account/ or demand draft or ECS.
HOW to Fill CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Form 2017
Before applying for the Single Girl Child Scholarship 2017, the candidate must check eligibility criteria, percentage, SINGLE or NOT, SISTER, Brother relationship etc.
Process of New Application: Click on SGC-X – Fresh Application >>> Upload Documents
SGC-X – Renewal Form: Click on SCG Class X Renwal Scholarship 2017 >>> and fill the form.
Print Confirmation: After fill online application, you must download and print the confirmation of online CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
- You have to enter her roll number and certificate no. (as printed on the class X grade sheet) in order to submit the online application form.
- Enter all your particulars carefully and submit the form. (Do not fill wrong details otherwise your form is rejected)
- Note down the Registration Number. This will be used while uploading documents and also for all other future communications.
- Print the undertaking as provided in the “Guidelines Document” (this document), fill it, paste the photograph and get it attested from school.
- Prepare affidavit, as per format provided in the “Guidelines Document”.
- Scan the above two documents, ie Affidavit and Undertaking so as to create JPG image file of up to 1 MB size. (if you have problem in uploading the Image (Photo or signature). please comment below. We may help you.
- Go to “Upload Document” option and upload both the above documents.
- Go to print “Confirmation Page” option and generate the confirmation page.
- Send duly filled and signed confirmation page to “Scholarship Unit”, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Delhi – 110092.
- In case of any query you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org