Today Current Affairs November 6 2017
|This Day in History|
6th November 2017 Current Affairs – Today Current Affairs
National News – Today Current Affairs November 6 2017
Dineshwar Sharma to meet stakeholders in Kashmir.
- Former IB Director Dineshwar Sharma the Union government’s newly appointed interlocutor for Jammu & Kashmir will land in Srinagar.
- Sharma, who will spend four days in Srinagar and two in Jammu, is likely to meet about three dozen groups and individuals.
- The issues he will address could range from alleged harassment by security forces to civic issues.
- Among the issues that come up could be an electricity-related problem or the lack of medical facilities in an area.
Militant group HNLC says Meghalaya CM Mukul Sangma is on our hit-list.
- Meghalaya’s outlawed Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) declared that it has included Chief Minister Mukul Sangma in its “top hit list”.
- In an e-mailed statement to media, the outfit spokesperson Sainkupar Nongtraw also warned Sangma of receiving a “bullet” if he did not change his “dictatorial” mindset.
- The HNLC is a secessionist group fighting for a sovereign Khasi homeland in eastern Meghalaya.
Important National Updates – Current Affairs Daily
Kamal Haasan confirms entry into politics.
- Actor Kamal Haasan said he would float a political party and the first step would be the launch of a mobile app on November 7.
- At a function to mark the 39th anniversary of his fan/welfare club, the superstar confirmed his entry into politics.
- Haasan said the party would be launched in a calm manner and mobile app was the first step in the direction.
MHRD to organize National Workshop on School Education.
- Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) is organizing a two-day National Workshop on School Education.
- It starts from 6th November 2017 to 7th November 2017 to bring together key stakeholders from various NGOs, private sector and individuals to deliberate on key themes in the education sector.
- The workshop will focus on the five themes of Digital Education, Physical Education, Value Education, Life Skills Education and Experiential Learning.
Current Affairs Today – International Updates
Nepal opens the bridge built with India help near China border.
- Nepal inaugurated a bridge built with India’s financial assistance of $430,626 on the Kaligandaki river near China border.
- The newly-constructed Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) bridge was inaugurated by Ambassador of India to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri.
- The bridge at Jomsom area in Mustang district not only provides direct motorable connectivity to people of Mustang but also benefits thousands of tourists and pilgrim.
Saudi prince killed in helicopter crash near Yemen border – Today Current Affairs November 6 2017
- The Saudi prince was killed on Sunday when a helicopter with several officials on board crashed near the kingdom’s southern border with war-torn Yemen.
- The news channel Al-Ekhbariya announced the death of Prince Mansour bin Moqren, the deputy governor of Asir province and son of a former crown prince.
- It did not reveal the cause of the crash or the fate of the other officials aboard the aircraft.
Business Affairs – Today Current Affairs November 6 2017
Bharti JV and Kikkoman tie up for soy products.
- FieldFresh Foods, a joint-venture between Bharti Enterprises and Del Monte Pacific, has partnered with Japanese food company, Kikkoman, to manufacture its products here.
- Bharti will manufacture Kikkoman products at its manufacturing and R&D centre in Hosur, Tamil Nadu, that was set up at a cost of Rs 150 crore.
- The company will soon launch other sauces from the Kikkoman stable, including oyster and teriyaki.
6th November 2017 Current Affairs – Defence News
Indian Navy carrier may get US aircraft launching system.
- Indian Navy carrier to be fitted with the electric propelled latest electromagnetic aircraft launch system (EMALS) and powered by integrated electric propulsion.
- This progress is happening ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi meeting US President Donald Trump on November 13, the India and the US.
- The 11 member US team led by Rear Admiral Brian Antonio, met his Indian counterpart Vice Admiral D M Deshpande in Goa from October 29-31.
Science and Technology Events – Latest Current Affairs
India’s indigenous subsonic cruise missile, Nirbhay, ready for its fifth trial – Today Current Affairs November 6 2017
- India’s indigenous subsonic cruise missile, Nirbhay, which failed its last test in December 2016, is ready for its fifth trial.
- The DRDO chief said the glitches that led to failure in its fourth trial in December 2016 have been removed.
- The 750-1,000 km-long range missile’s first test on March 12, 2013, failed as it fell after 20 minutes of flight.
- The cruise missile is expected to supplement the Indo-Russian joint venture supersonic cruise missile BrahMos, which can carry warheads up to 290 km.
Today Current Affairs November 6 2017 – Sports Updates
Goerges beats Vandeweghe to lift WTA Elite Trophy.
- German Julia Goerges tamed American CoCo Vandeweghe won the final of the WTA Elite Trophy to claim the biggest title of her career.
- The 29-year-old screamed in delight after completing a stellar year in which she won two titles and reached five finals.
India beat China to win women’s Asia Cup hockey title.
- Indian women’s hockey team defeated China 5-4 in the shoot-out to win women’s Asia Cup hockey title.
- With this win, India booked their ticket to the FIH World Cup in 2018.
- India last won the Asia Cup title in 2004, when they beat Japan 1-0 in Delhi.
Kenya’s Kamworor wins New York Marathon men’s crown.
- Kenya’s Geoffrey Kamworor won the New York City Marathon men’s title.
- Kamworor was in only his seventh marathon.
- He won second in 2015 to Kenyan Stanley Biwott after losing late in the race.
Flanagan wins New York Marathon women’s crown.
- Shalane Flanagan became the first American woman in 40 years to win the New York City Marathon.
- At age 36, Flanagan became the first US woman to win on the streets of the Big Apple since Miki Gorman in 1977.
More Sports News – Daily Current Affairs
Shiv Kapur clinches Panasonic Open title – Today Current Affairs November 6 2017
- Shiv Kapur won his first Asian Tour title in India, bagging the Panasonic Open by three strokes.
- It is second Asian Tour title of the season for Shiv Kapur.
- Kapur had won the Yeangder Heritage in April and finished second at the Thailand Open this season.
- He had won his first Asian tour title in 2005 at the Volvo Masters of Asia.
Latest Current Affairs Search Links:
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.