AEEE is an abbreviation for Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination. This an entrance exam for engineering aspirants. This exam offers 4-year B.Tech course, Degree program. There are three campuses of the University: 1.Amritapuri (Kollam), 2.Bengaluru and Ettimadi (Coimbatore). All of these campuses offer the Degree course.
AEEE counselling is by offline mode in the starting of June. Counselling call Letter will be provided in the Mid-May.
In this article, we are providing with the information like important dates, eligibility criteria, admission procedure, admit card etc.
Authority for this examination decides some important dates regarding the admission process. Every event has its own date and aspirants should follow the dates provided by the authority. Aspirants should always check the starting date and the deadline for that particular event.
Below is the table providing all the important dates related to AEEE:
|Call for admission||Mid October 2017|
|Commencement of Application Sales (OMR and Online)||Frist week of December 2017|
|Last Date to submit online application||Mid-April 2018 (Extended)|
|Slot Booking Starts||Starting of April 2018|
|Admit card release||Nearly 10th April 2018|
|Computer Based Test (CBT)||After 20th April 2018|
|Pen and Paper Based Test||Last week of April 2018|
|Declaration of AEEE2017 Rank||Starting of May 2018|
|Counselling call letter release||Mid May 2018|
|Counselling for SC/ST quota||Starting of June 2018|
|Counselling for General quota||Mid-June 2018|
|Counselling for state quota (Karnataka, Kerala & Tamilnadu)||Mid-June 2017|
NOTE: These dates are tentative and aspirants are all requested to check all the dates on the official website of AEEE.
AEEE 2018-19 will provide admit card for the entry to entrance examination hall. Admit card will be generated after the slot selection process is over. In the first week of April, the slot booking process generally starts.
Admit Card is online on the official website of the AEEE. Aspirants can download their Admit card by entering their application number and date of birth.
The date for Admit card starts in the month of April. Admit card is strictly provided online and will not be sent by post. Admit card should be preserved for the further future references. Until Exam
Until Admission procedure, you should keep your admit card with you.
Application form is available both online and offline. Aspirants can fill the form online as well as offline whichever is comfortable for the applicant.
Both Online and Offline form are available on the official website of AEEE. The dates for Online and Offline forms generally starts from the first week of December. Applicants who apply through offline mode will get the printed OMR application form from sale outlets(Dhanlaxmi Bank, Federal Bank and Post Office).Applicants can also get the application form from the counter of the University.
There is a deadline to fill the form that deadline is generally in the mid of April. Applicants are suggested to take the print out of the application form for further use.
Following are the steps to fill the application form for AEEE:
To fill online application form for AEEE, candidates are required to first register with their name and email.
• After registration, a password will be sent by Amrita University for candidate’s future log in.
• Applicants are required to pay AEEE application fee of Rs 1,000 through Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
• After uploading scanned images their recently taken passport size colour photograph and their signature, candidates can submit the application form.
• Applicants should keep the printout of the computer generated application form of AEEE for future reference.
• Candidates can also obtain AEEE OMR application form in person from sales outlet, Post Offices and Banks, on the payment of Rs. 1,000.
• OMR application forms can also be obtained by post from the Admission Co- ordinators of Amrita Schools of Engineering at Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Coimbatore campuses. For that, candidates have to send a written request indicating their full communication address along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 1000 drawn in favour of Amrita School of Engineering payable at Coimbatore.
Instructions to fill AEEE OMR Application
Black ball pen or HB pencil must be used to fill up the application form by the aspirant. All the aspirants are required to mark their answers only within the space provided for the purpose. Response marked outside may cause rejection of the application.
The application form should be filled in English only. Aspirants should not enclose any documents or certificates along with the filled-in application. The application requires no attestation. Aspirants should provide the original and not the photocopy of the application form. The only original form is accepted by the University.
The applicants are required not to staple, pin, wrinkle, tear or wet the filled application form. Tampered application may be rejected. Form filled should be complete. Incomplete application forms may get rejected without even telling. That is no communication will be sent in this regard.
Under any circumstance request for any change or correction in the filled form will not be entertained. Only one application form can be submitted by an aspirant.
Completely and properly filled-in application form shall be sent in the pre-addressed cover to the following address only:
The Admissions Co-ordinator
Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham,
(P.O) Amritanagar, Ettimadai , Coimbatore 641 112, Tamil Nadu. PAEEE
Eligibility criteria are the conditions to be filled to be eligible for the examination. Following are the conditions to be fulfilled by an aspirant in order to appear for AEEE:
- Aspirants will be born on or after 1st July 1995.
- Aspirants must be qualified their Intermediate or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- They have to obtain an aggregate of 60% marks in PCM with not less than 55% marks in each of these three subjects.
- Aspirants who pass their three-year Diploma in Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
- Appearing aspirants can also apply.
- Students, who appear for AEEE examinations in March/April and expect to secure minimum marks in their 12th or equivalent, may also apply.
There is the different pattern of every examination. Exam Pattern provides a brief knowledge about how the examination is going to be and what kind of questions can be there in the exam paper. Following are the details for the exam pattern:
- Mode of Exam: The AEEE 2017 will be held in two separate modes: Computer Based Test (CBT) and Pen & Paper Based Test (P&P).
- Candidates have an option to choose either CBT or P&P as per their choice.
- Duration: The duration of the entrance exam will be 2 ½ hours.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in the English language.
- No of Questions: There are 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be 300 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 3 marks will be awarded and for the incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Below is the table providing marks and number of questions for each subject:
Aspirants can get their result online on the official website of AEEE. The result will be announced in the first week of May. The result can be seen on the screen by entering the date of birth and the application number. Merit list will be prepared after the declaration of the result. Aspirants should take more than one print out of the result and keep it safe and secure till the admission is over.
Counselling letters is released after the result has been announced. Generally, the counselling for AEEE is the starting month of June. The counselling process schedule is posted on the official website of AEEE along with the rank list of entrance exam.
There is no post facility so there will no counselling letters will be sent by post. Rank list is prepared on the basis of the marks that candidates can obtain in the entrance exam. The counselling is organised in all the three campuses, simultaneously. Aspirants can choose their priority campus and can go for the counselling in that campus. They also have to check the availability of the seats in the campus they want. Candidates have to submit the Rs. 5000 by DD as a counselling fee.
Documents required at the time of Counselling
- 10th class certificate to prove DOB
- 12th class Mark sheets
- 12th class Admit Card
- AEEE 2017 Admit Card
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate
AEEE exam will be held at centers across the country.
AEEE Exam Centres (Online or CBT)
|State||City||City Code||Mode of Exam|
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||Port Blair||1||CBT|
AEEE Exam Centres 2017 (Offline or P&P)
|STATE||CITY||CITY CODE||Mode of exam|
AEEE Exam Centres (Online and Offline)
|State||City||City Code||Mode of Exam|
AEEE Exam Centre State Codes
|Jammu and Kashmir||19|
|Kerala & Mahe||22|
|Tamil Nadu & Puducherry (UT)||33|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||39|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||41|
|Daman and Diu||42|
|Countries other than India||50|
Note: Amrita University can cancel the existing exam centres or can designate a new exam centre depending on factors like whether any particular exam centre has sufficient candidates or not. If the exam cannot be conducted at the first choice of the candidate, then he/she will be allotted the second/third choice of AEEE Exam Centres.
1000/- is the fees for the application form.
Candidates can deposit the fee through online (Net Banking/Debit/credit card) or offline mode (Demand Draft). Those candidates submit the fee through DD they can pay the fee in favour of the “Amrita School of Engineering” payable at “Coimbatore”.
Since it is an engineering entrance exam, therefore, all the topics asked in the examination are from 11th and 12th. All the topics are from Physics, Chemistry nd Mathematics of 1th and 12th std.